Background

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Guilty Pleasure Tuesday: Orange Crush

I've decided to make every Tuesday a day when I reveal a sordid guilty pleasure to my adoring audience of seven followers (only seven, but seven I appreciate!). I got this idea today, actually, after I found myself at the candle shoppe singing along to this song and not being ashamed about it, at all.

David Archuleta's "Crush"

This song makes me want to completely gush with a mixture of embarrassment and gooey love. This thirteen year old boy has managed to reach deep within the recesses of my guilty pleasure center and pull out a really awful song (that I adore).

C'mon, how you can resist this pre-teen madness!?

Do you ever think when you're all alone
All that we can be, where this thing can go?
Am I crazy or falling in love?
Is it really just another crush?

Do you catch a breath when I look at you?
Are you holding back like the way I do?
Cause I've tried and tried to walk away
But I know this crush ain?t going away-ay-ay
Going away-ay-ay

Has it ever crossed your mind
When we're hanging, spending time girl?
Are we just friends? Is there more? Is there more?

See it's a chance we've gotta take
Cause I believe that we can make this into
Something that will last, last forever, forever!

Guilty pleasures are an amazing part of people's psychological makeup, aren't they? A mixture of cultural mores, the need to save face and people's overarching need to feel "cool," can make guilty pleasures dangerous and addictive. While some people like to eat cake or pull off their scabs (these are the gross people), I horde a serious amount of media in my secret pleasure vault.

Pleasure Vault...that's a great name for a gay bar.

Anyway, secretly singing at the top of my lungs to certain songs, or crying desperately when I watch certain movies is a really fun secret to have with myself. It's also a really funny secret to share with people, too. A way to allow them to get to know me without any too gross or personal (besides, the personal Jessica isn't really all that interesting. Just a lot of swearing).

Why does David Archuleta get to me? He's adorable...like a sweet little brother with his first girlfriend. Well, maybe. I don't have any siblings.
Best Blogger Tips

0 Say Whaaats?!:

Post a Comment